Tag Archives: Wargaming

The Loft Full Of Lead

It may not look like it, but I had a tidy up in the Loft Full Of Lead.

I have been determined to get rid of some old stuff, but I am a terrible hoarder.

I did make some progress and manged to fill a couple of boxes of crap to go to the skip.

Last week, I even took some boxes of old terrain up to my games club, they have a nice large room to keeping terrain and the old ruins I had would at least get used now and then.

There is still loads more clearing out to do and it will likely take a while yet…

Advertisements

Too Many Tyranids

As I sit here by a pool with a Gin and Tonic, I have plenty of time to read and ponder what is next on the huge wargaming backlog.

As we have been enjoying Warhammer 40K again and bought into Kill Team, I have been sorting through old models to see what can be used in Kill Team.

The Tyranids were an easy Kill Team to muster, they did not take much work to get on the table, only needing a handful of models really helps.

To give myself plenty of options, I updated a number of models so I can try out a proper swarm team at some stage. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I just rebased them and splashed on some ink.

I can now field lots to Termagants or a horde of Hormagaunts with a single Tyranid Warrior to keep them in check.

Or I can try the nine Genestealer team…

So now I have more than enough Tyranids for Kill Team, I am wondering how long it would take to update all of my old models an make a small 40K sized army.

These are all the updated models, but there are a few more boxes that I would need to work through to make units of at least ten models. I would also need to build some proxy critters to count as some of the larger Tyranid models that did not exist the last time mine were used, which was most likely back in the 1990’s.

Transformers Ark

One of the many problems with eBay is that I keep using it to buy crap. Luckily this Transformers Ark only cost a couple of quid, when I say a couple of quid, I actually mean £1.90 which was too good to turn down really.

I am going to strip out all of the interior, cover all the holes from the inside and then glue it so it does not transform any more. As I now have a new compressor for my airbrush, this will be one of my test pieces to practice on before I attempt painting anything important.