I have had this Rackham Giant for quite a few years, languishing in the Loft Full Of Lead in nothing more than undercoat. My Dragon Rampant Dwarf army needed something a bit less stout and a giant fits that role rather well.
Plenty of brass used again along with Iron Grey for the helmet, gauntlets and boots.
This is pretty much most of the infantry for the Dragon Rampant Dwarf army.
As ever, there is still more to be painted up…
Fortunately, I only needed four of these stout chaps to finish off a twelve Dwarf infantry unit for my Dragon Rampant army.
I did not think I had enough to make a full 24 point army, but when I started getting them all in one place, I realised I had plenty.
These old Rackham Thermo Warriors are more reinforcements for the Tir-Na-Bor Dwarf Dragon Rampant army.
The paint jobs on these definitely fall in to my Bronze period. I seem to be painting everything with at least a little bronze somewhere.
For a week or so in May, the Dragon Rampant group on Fakebook ran a painting challenge, which was to simply pick a few models and get them done in seven days. A bit of encouragement like that always helps me to get my butt in gear, so I decided to actually finish of a few old Rackham Tir-Na-Bor dwarfs to bring my Dragon Rampant units up to twelve models in each.
First up I painted six Boors to add to the six I was already using in Frostgrave.
Army Painter Strong Tone is then lavishly applied to the block painted models and the job is done.
Twelve of these make a four point Belicose foot unit for Dragon Rampant.
This is the first GW model I have seen in ages that I could be persuaded to purchase, especially with my steampunk fixation still running high. I say “could”, as at £50 (US$80) it is a significant amount of cash.
It should be available with 10% off from an independent reseller, which would make it £45.
A few weeks ago, I started to put together my Reaper Bones Clockwork Dragon. I had to do some boiling water reshaping of the legs to get them all level, but I am getting quite good at that with plastic models.
I was not happy with the position of the wings as they stuck straight up. I wanted them spread out a bit more.
It was actually easier than I thought it was going to be, the wing tabs just needed a small bit of trimming to get them to the required angle. I also drilled and used a small pin to add a bit of strength.
Where the wings join the body still needs some work, a bit of plastic to cover the tab and a cog or two to hide the join.