Tag Archives: Dragon Rampant

Boors Warriors

For a week or so in May, the Dragon Rampant group on Fakebook ran a painting challenge, which was to simply pick a few models and get them done in seven days. A bit of encouragement like that always helps me to get my butt in gear, so I decided to actually finish of a few old Rackham Tir-Na-Bor dwarfs to bring my Dragon Rampant units up to twelve models in each.

First up I painted six Boors to add to the six I was already using in Frostgrave.
Army Painter Strong Tone is then lavishly applied to the block painted models and the job is done.

Twelve of these make a four point Belicose foot unit for Dragon Rampant.

Arkanaut Frigate

This is the first GW model I have seen in ages that I could be persuaded to purchase, especially with my steampunk fixation still running high. I say “could”, as at £50 (US$80) it is a significant amount of cash.

It should be available with 10% off from an independent reseller, which would make it £45.

Clockwork Dragon Wings

A few weeks ago, I started to put together my Reaper Bones Clockwork Dragon. I had to do some boiling water reshaping of the legs to get them all level, but I am getting quite good at that with plastic models.

I was not happy with the position of the wings as they stuck straight up. I wanted them spread out a bit more.

It was actually easier than I thought it was going to be, the wing tabs just needed a small bit of trimming to get them to the required angle. I also drilled and used a small pin to add a bit of strength.
Where the wings join the body still needs some work, a bit of plastic to cover the tab and a cog or two to hide the join.

Reaper Clockwork Dragon

One of the models I picked up on my visit to the USA last year was a Reaper Bones Clockwork Dragon. I had spotted online that a few people had added extra cogs which looked rather cool. So not wanting to let a good idea go uncopied, I decided to unashamedly rip it off.
clockwork-dragon-2The default position for the wings is vertically straight up. To me, these look a bit to close together and parallel with each other. I am going to position the wings so they are angled out a little, or perhaps a lot. I just have to be brave and start cutting into the hinges. I’m sure the cat will help…

I found some cogs on eBay and a small bag arrived all the way from the far east for a few pennies.