Category Archives: Vehicles

West Wind Mech Kickstarter

Those lovely people at West Wind have delivered on their Mech Kickstarter, a sizable box arrived containing all manner of goodies.

The three Mechs were the main reason I helped fund the project, but the rest of the stuff is fantastic as well.


Apart from the three Mechs, there are a few robotic Terrier Machine Gun models that sound like they should be for the British, but I may well use them for my Steam Wars Mechanica force…and maybe the British as well…

There are also a bunch of character figures of different styles that will work really well in a variety of games from Rogue Stars and Fist Full Of Kung Fu to Steam Wars.


Finally, there are a couple of small wheel tanks, one for Mr Steinberg and one for me, very nice models. These will work great as light tanks of some description.

Of course what this all does to my painting priorities is yet to be seen, but once they are put together, I will be waiting for a dry day to undercoat.

Advertisements

Landing Engine Nozzles

I needed four more rocket nozzles for the transporter landing engines. As I have not been painting much recently, mainly due to building this monster, I have not been accruing very many of the Vallejo/Army Painter paint lids.

So instead I have made four larger nozzles from white wood glue containers.

Note sure if I will use these as I have some other lids from water bottles to try out…

I could actually do with four more of the other lids used on the rear of the transporter so at least they would all be the same style.

Mantic Tunneler

This is the Mantic Veer Myn Tunneler I received a short time back from the 2015 Kickstarter, don’t get me started…

Anyway, I will be using this as a Steam Wars Mechanica Tunneler, primarily as a troop transport.

There was the opportunity to make the nose removable so weapons could be added. I added a plate in the nose ring so if no weapons are added, the interior would be hidden behind the plastic card.

So with a weapon added, I could even use this little beastie as a tank for the Mechanic force, something they are lacking at the moment.

To start with, I was not sure which way round to mount the three massive drill bits but then found the image above online which suggests they go on like this:

…and not like this:

Landing Engines Installed

The landing engines have been finished and added to the hull.

They needed some intakes adding to the top, so these were made from display bases and plenty of plasticard.

Plenty of extra plastic was added to the engines but they still need some rivets.

Some old pens were used as the supporting arms of the engines and they actually rotate.

The last remaining question is, do I add a few hundred rivets to the rest of the hull…

More Engine Work

These are taking shape, it is quite tricky to make a resilient tube, especially when you drill a 9mm hole in it.

It sure is a messy business.

Inside the tube, I wanted to make the supporting rods able to turn 90 degrees, so I have over engineered the inside and made a supporting pivot point.

Unfortunately the outside of the tube got a bit distorted so I will have to camouflage it some more with more plastic detail. Of course I may be the only one who notices.