I decided some of my town setups needed some statues to add a bit of character, so I created a simple mdf plinth. This design has actually been made for a Salute freebie model but I have tested it out on this random geezer on a horse.
I have a bunch of Salute giveaway models from over the years and plan to make plinths to fit a variety if model sizes.
The Mark II version of the Office Block has a different stair entrance. For this model I also added the corner stonework which I painted a good contrasting colour.
The roof and interior floors are just paper images found on DIY websites and printed, cheating I know, but it works for me!
There is a Mark III with double doors at the front, but I don’t have one cut yet.
The original office block I designed has a different stair configuration that did not look as good as I had hoped when I actually came to build it.
But it was still more than usable, so it has been inked to within an inch of its life.
The flash has bleached out the pavement a bit, but I think I will go back and draw in the lines.
After many months of designing and building various towers for Jim to display for Products For Wargamers at shows, I have started to paint and build some towers for myself.
The first one here, along with a spiral staircase was to test out the colours and connecting sections. So far so good. Five more to go.
This was definitely a good idea, painting the components before gluing it together.
The hex pattern looks really good and I have painted random hexes for a bit of variety.
Jim from Products For Wargamers suggested I make something for the industrial range using the smaller snack size Pringles tube. He even gave me a snack size Pringles tube, but it was empty, which was a bit disappointing, even so, without the prospect of free nibbles, I said I would have a go.
Anyway, I thought about it for a while, just making a very small tower seemed like a waste of time, may as well just have a single height square tower and leave out the tube. So a spiral staircase seemed like a good idea and here is the first attempt. Actually it is the second attempt, the first version need slightly higher vertical supports so I did not even try to build it.
It is difficult to build but it does look good, I think I can alter the build process a little to make it easier.